TRUenergy is Melbourne based and a leading Australian energy supplier employing 1,300 staff and servicing 1.2 million residential and business gas and electricity customers across most of Australia.
TRUenergy has developed comprehensive community and environment programs. Supporting communities in which it operates through the creation of partnerships is an important philosophy which demonstrates TRUenergy’s willingness to contribute to its community.
Some of its partnerships are:
- Reach Programs creating a safe and secure environment for young people,
- Victorian Football League, enhancing the development of grassroots football,
- LANDCARE, projects include local waterways, pest control and farm revegetation,
- Brotherhood of St Laurence rejuvenation/ recycling of old fridges,
- The Smith Family Christmas Appeal, and
- A number of local partnerships in the Latrobe Valley.
TRUenergy joins a number of past winners of this award, whom through their various out reach programs have and continue making a significant contribution to Victorian communities.